I am pleased make available Coach on Demand: a new, alternative service to in-person or online lessons. This teaching mode provides a means of continuing learning when it is difficult to match the availability or time difference of both parties, or when the sound quality of Skype or Zoom calls is lacking.
Please note, Coach on Demand sessions are not a substitute for ongoing lessons, nor ongoing training in the Taubman Approach. However, Coach on Demand sessions can be used to the best advantage for situations such as:
- To receive feedback on a pre-recorded performance (upload as an unlisted YouTube video or equivalent)
- To have a “taster” on how the Taubman Approach can provide strategies for solving problems
- To send a video excerpt for feedback on a particular passage or technical difficulty that either you or your student is experiencing.
- To send a video excerpt of a lesson for feedback on the teacher’s work
- To ask for fingering of a certain passage in between lessons.
Other important information:
- Sessions are available in 15, 20, 30, 45 or 60 min blocks
- The length of time needs to be negotiated via email / text before the time is booked. For example, if you send me a 45 min performance, booking a 45 min block will not enable me to give you sufficient feedback.
- If I provide fingering for a passage, the annotated score sent back may be accompanied by written text or a rough video to clarify aspects of the choreography. These videos are for the client’s private use only and not to be made public. If the necessary choreography for the fingering to succeed is complex, a follow-up in-person or Skype lesson may be recommended.
Any other questions, please ask!